Thursday 23 August 2012

Authors Favorite Authors - Harry Harrison

HARRY HARRISON - AUTHORS CHOICE

Harry Harrison - Author March 12, 1925 – August 15, 2012
 
As a young avid science fiction fan, the works of Harry Harrison were not only brilliant, but also inspiring and thought provoking. His books left a legacy and an imprint on my life that only the great Issac Asimov can rival.
The first of his books I remember reading was of course the infamous 'The Stainless Steel Rat'. However, it was his great variety of his works, his style of writing that I as a teenager fell in love with.
He was brilliant with his use of words, but economical with that talent. He never used twenty words where ten would do. Nevertheless, he still enabled the readers mind to picture his thoughts and the image he wanted us to see.
For me this has been a great inspiration. My writing has been described as Screen Play like. In that, I paint the scene well and encourage the reader to image that they are there.
For this ability, I have to thank Harry, an amazingly talented author who is greatly missed by me and by many others like me.
If Harry has inspired you either to read more science fiction or to even, pick up the pen yourself. It would be nice to hear from you.
Harry Harrison - Author and Inspiration
Jonathan O'Donnell
Author - Joanna's Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment